« | Home | »

Education for Minor Leagues…

By Jean Bedord | June 6, 2008

From Ask the Baseball Pro:
Corey wrote:
What type of education do you need to play on a minors baseball team?

From the Baseball Pro:
In order to play in the minor leagues the only education you need is your high school diploma. A team can not sign you until you have graduated from high school. But no other education beyond that is required.
Your baseball pro, Steve Holm

P.S. Most of the baseball players we host have at least some community college experience, which gives them more baseball experience, as well as additional education. Think long-term beyond a baseball career-today’s jobs require more education.
Host mom, Jean

Topics: Minor League Baseball life | No Comments »